- This event has passed.
Volunteer for Build Something Cool
February 23 @ 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Co-sponsored by: Denver IEEE, Metro State University, Association of Old Crows
The Denver EMBS and IEEE request your help with the fifth annual Build Something Cool Event scheduled for Saturday, February 23, 2019. This is a fun community event where kids in the greater Denver area can solder, build and keep DIY electronics kits with help from their parents, IEEE members and guests. To sign up to volunteer, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The website is also now open for online Parent/Student registration and DIY electronics kit selection. Pass this link along to any 6th – 12th graders you may know to sign up and build a DIY kit:
Here’s how the day is scheduled:
8:30 – 10 am: Volunteers show up, setup the rooms, have breakfast, and learn the basics of what we will be dealing with.
10 am – 4 pm: Students come through to build projects.
11:30 am – 2pm: We will have a steady supply of pizza available
4 pm: Send kids home, pack everything up, be on our way.
Here’s a list of jobs and things we need done on the day of the event:
2) Registration: Sign in students, get waiver, get kit, and assign a Volunteer.
3) Work with students and parents to assemble, solder, troubleshoot kits as needed.
4) Take Pictures of students with project.
5) Pizza, order and receive at 11 am and 1 pm, setup in food room.
6) Provide volunteers info on Student Training – Done at the 8:30 am welcome breakfast.
7) Speak to the students about your careers and experiences in engineering and science.
Bldg: Science Building
adjacent to Speer Boulevard and Colfax Avenue