- This event has passed.
IEEE R5 GreenTech Conference Organizing Committee Meeting – 2
March 13 @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
2nd meeting for the organizing committee and all concerned
- Review the updated organizing committee chart and fill the vacant positions.
- Review Hotel RFP.
- Discuss the theme for the conference
- Review R5 Feedback to the proposal, which includes:
Reference – Denver SLIDES
- More information about technology and subject areas
- More details about OC organization and member’s profile.
- More compelling information about Denver section proven records of supporting previous GreenTech (2013, 2017) and 2018 summit on MM Waves
- Reference – Denver Budget Excel file
On the conference side:
- Target 150 persons
- Conference duration 1.5 day: full day Thursday + ½ Friday
- Potential 6 breakout rooms
- Industry Sponsors (Patrons) $10,000
- Questions for clarification about A & B:
- Not clear why the budgeted ADV cost of $500 for the conference where as ADV budget for the R5 meeting is $2,500? Conference needs more ADV to secure 150 persons in attendance and typically R5 meeting attendees would come through emails and students through the competition!
Lunch budget cost for Thursday:
- Conference duration of 1.5 day finishes noon Friday.
- Are we assuming 150 will attend R5 meeting and are we assuming the arrival of R5 meeting attendees before noon Friday? The question is why there is a high cost for lunch allocated ($39/person)? Worksheet “Combined”, D16
- $675 IEEE fee is perceived to be high for 1.5 day.
- $810 Non-IEEE fee seems to be high.
- Compare to Industry 1 day fee is typically $200 – $350
- Wednesday 8am-5pm Exhibit Hall and Registration area – is this for setup and will be accessed all day?
- Room requirements 237 and F&B commitment $55K – this seems to be high. If you ask for best estimate then you may able to get a better price when compare response to the RFP from different hotels!
- It would be important to provide space requirement for student competitions and in particular Robotic Competition
- Review and develop a plan and a time table for organizing the meeting.
Join WebEx meeting
Meeting number: 592 241 140
Meeting password: H6aCeV4B
Join from a video conferencing system or application
You can also dial 220.127.116.11 and enter your meeting number.
To dial from an IEEE Video Conference System: *1 592 241 140
Bldg: Original Brooklyn’s
2644 West Colfax Avenue