- This event has passed.
IEEE R5 GreenTech Conference Organizing Committee Meeting – 2
June 15 @ 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
3rd meeting for the organizing committee and all concerned
- Progress on identifying and applying for sponsorship from IEEE or non-IEEE organizational Units
- Progress on identifying Service Providers – IEEE Conference Services and others
- Plan for conference application with IEEE
- Update of space/accommodation used in Hotel RFP
- Progress on Budget
- Progress on Hotel RFP
Reference – Denver SLIDES
- More information about technology and subject areas
- More details about OC organization and member’s profile.
- More compelling information about Denver section proven records of supporting previous GreenTech (2013, 2017) and 2018 summit on MM Waves
- Reference – Denver Budget Excel file
On the conference side:
- Target 150 persons
- Conference duration 1.5 day: full day Thursday + ½ Friday
- Potential 6 breakout rooms
- Industry Sponsors (Patrons) $10,000
- Questions for clarification about A & B:
- Not clear why the budgeted ADV cost of $500 for the conference where as ADV budget for the R5 meeting is $2,500? Conference needs more ADV to secure 150 persons in attendance and typically R5 meeting attendees would come through emails and students through the competition!
Lunch budget cost for Thursday:
- Conference duration of 1.5 day finishes noon Friday.
- Are we assuming 150 will attend R5 meeting and are we assuming the arrival of R5 meeting attendees before noon Friday? The question is why there is a high cost for lunch allocated ($39/person)? Worksheet “Combined”, D16
- $675 IEEE fee is perceived to be high for 1.5 day.
- $810 Non-IEEE fee seems to be high.
- Compare to Industry 1 day fee is typically $200 – $350
- Wednesday 8am-5pm Exhibit Hall and Registration area – is this for setup and will be accessed all day?
- Room requirements 237 and F&B commitment $55K – this seems to be high. If you ask for best estimate then you may able to get a better price when compare response to the RFP from different hotels!
- It would be important to provide space requirement for student competitions and in particular Robotic Competition
- Review and develop a plan and a time table for organizing the meeting.
Saturday, Jun 15, 2019 12:00 pm | 1 hour | (UTC-07:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)
Meeting number: 592 747 474
Join by video system
You can also dial 184.108.40.206 and enter your meeting number.
Join by phone
+1 210 606 9466 US Toll
+1 866 282 7366 US Toll Free
Access code: 592 747 474