- This event has passed.
Blockchain in Telecommunications (Use Cases in the Cable Industry)
October 30, 2019 @ 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Dr. Jason Rupe will outline several use cases and mention some work in the cable industry relating to distributed ledger technology (DLT), with a focus on blockchain. He will also discuss the various activities under way in the IEEE Blockchain Initiative (BCI), which you can participate in, and which brings opportunities for research and development in DLT. The talk will be part of the CU-Boulder Technology, Cybersecurity and Policy (TCP) Program seminar series. A COMSOC chapter meet and greet pizza dinner will follow this talk.
Blockchain is a decentralized, transparent and trusted database, defined as part of the Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) framework, and considered as an enabling technology of new IT enterprise systems and applications. Blockchain in Telecommunications is a new powerful concept that can tremendously improve telecom networking operations and customer-facing processes experience, adding a new layer of authentication, validation and security for all telecom assets and transactions.
- TCP class seminar to CU-Boulder undergrad/graduate students (4-5pm)
- IEEE Initiatives for Communications Engineering (Blockchain Initiative, funding programs, multi-university)
- Blockchain reference models.
- COMSOC membership outreach and pizza social. (5-6pm) – ECCR 200
- IEEE COMSOC opportunities to students/members/faculty
- Kick starting IEEE student program at CU-Boulder
Room: CU-Boulder ECCR 150
Bldg: Engineering Center Classrooms
CU-Boulder Engineering Center
2055 Regent Dr, Boulder